Find Calm and Reduce Anxiety: Strategies for Overwhelmed Individuals

overwhelmed, anxious, confused








Calm, is it possible? 

There are days when you wake up and honestly, it feels like the world is falling apart due to no fault of yours. There's the stench of Doom in the Air, and there's nothing you can do about it. Whining has led you nowhere and honestly complaining is draining. Futile arguments are depressing and Listening to others whining and analyzing how it will all end is just horrid.

So what's your pick me up?

When I find myself getting a little bit too overwhelmed by the state of things, I need an Immediate distraction. Here are my favorite pick-me-ups.

1. Mini Dance Party:
happy, dance, dance with somebody, mini dance party

 The 2010s according to me had the best party hits, Popping to Gaga or stepping with Beyonce, of course trying to dance the entire choreography is a full workout (Honestly, any song by Beyonce is a full workout either vocally or physically). The electronic drops are one hell of a distraction.

If I really want to infuse some happiness into my steps, the 80s Hits are on replay. It's absolute bliss with all the hits from some of the greatest movies and pop stars. I was born in the late Nineties so I never lived that era but through these movies and Music, I vicariously experience the 80s, at least I'd like to think so. So I highly recommend a Mini dance party! If you're feeling shy, dance in your bathroom, trust me it'd really make you feel like MJ. If you need a partner, dance with a pet or your favorite person if you have one. Be goofy and free.

2. Social Media has to be on the list.
Social Media has to be on the list.

 

When your feed is curated with things that bring you some calm and laughter, it can be a nice distraction pill. As long as you're not reminded of what you're trying to avoid (BYE! Twitter), and people that just want to be negative all the time, you'll be fine. I love the funny video of dogs and their owners. Animals are quirky, and content creators have really honed the skills of capturing them for all their blissful weirdness. It gives the giggles most of the time and sometimes leaves me in absolute shock. Share your Memes, Reels, and Toks with your favorite people/person. The ones that get your humor and will share the giggles with you and send you some more.

3. Take a walk. 
walk, garden, walking, trees

Now you need to be careful about this one, select routes that are relaxing. This wouldn't expose you to things that are triggering. As an Introvert, I need time away from people. Wherever I am there's a mental note of the clean isolated areas where I could just get a breather. Even if it's the stairway or the bathroom (clean please). A 15-minute break from everything and everyone is necessary to calm your nerves and stop you from screaming at someone.

4. Write! 
Write, Journal, writing

The irony is that I am doing this right now, to calm my nerves, in addition to numbers 1 and 3. Can you guess which playlist I choose? I am getting this done in 20 minutes, feeling much calmer and happier. Writing helps to put your thoughts to paper and de-clog your brain. This can leave you feeling much lighter, to carry out your day. An alternative is to record how you're feeling. Leave a voice note to yourself, and air out your feeling and emotions. There's nothing wrong with talking to yourself, come on don't act like you don't do it already. If you feel awkward a quick prayer can help. It never hurts to tell your creator, who always listens, that you're feeling a little iffy today. 

5. Have a good cry! 

cry

Yes, sometimes it's necessary. A good private cry will release all that pent-up emotions. Don't force it, but embrace it and let it flow!



Peace, Joy , Calm

With all that is happening around us, take a minute to pause from the chaos and activate your pick-me-up. Hope this helped you today!!!! 
From A lady who has been picked up and is feeling much lighter.



Comments

  1. Give me some greats songs and books and I will just be fine? Philemon

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good cry definitely helps, grieve your problems and move on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely gonna try a mini dance partyπŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there, did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to place a comment and read more .πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Popular posts from this blog