Mama


Mama is your womb empty

Could I crawl back in

Mute me in a world of fluids

The birds are fleeing

The dogs are howling

The merchants are packing

The rulers have escaped

Mama I'm alone in this unknown land

With my heart thumping and my fingers twitching

Mama where's the peace you promised in your bossom

For there is raging fire outside

The slithering wolves are dripping with the blood of my peers

Mama have you got me 

For my knees have given way

And my lips are patched

Mama why didn't you warn me

You never told me I'd fight a battle with no arms

You never told me I'd scream and no one would hear

You never told me I'd see a reflection I'd come to hate




Photo credit: pixabay.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey there, did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to place a comment and read more .😊😊👍

Popular posts from this blog

Find Calm and Reduce Anxiety: Strategies for Overwhelmed Individuals