Embracing the Paradox of Emotions: Navigating Fear and Admiration


Man and Woman hands intertwined
Feelings, a delicate dance of fear and admiration. Why do they stir such dread within me? When directed towards others, a rush of excitement and joy envelops me. Yet when turned inwards, or aimed at my very being, a wave of panic crashes over me. These emotions, so precious, seem too weighty for my fragile grasp, akin to offering a child to a towering dinosaur. What end awaits them? A grand display like Mighty Joe Young? A wild embrace akin to Tarzan? Or a swift consumption, like a lion upon its prey?

Will they be devoured like paper to flame? I grapple with the notion of why one would entrust me with such priceless sentiments. Should I nurture them? Protect them? Admire from afar, then bid farewell when the moment fades?

In the ballads of love that shaped my youth, I glimpsed the profound essence of affection, moving me to tears. To think such depth of emotion could be bestowed upon another human, not bound by blood. I marvelled at this capacity, witnessing the eternal cycle of love reverberating across the globe. The mere presence of another soul could compel one to bare their most precious self to another. 

This sentiment, vast yet often trivialized, leaves me pondering its dual nature. Yet in the pure, unconditional love of God, I find solace. His love, unwavering and absolute, beckons love in return. Perhaps it is the priceless nature of this emotion that renders me immobile at the prospect of being its recipient. The idea of receiving such a profound gift leaves me speechless, feeling inadequate to bear the weight of another's deepest self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Calm and Reduce Anxiety: Strategies for Overwhelmed Individuals